Tired of looking at them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am sick and tired of how my 2 tanks look. I want to rip everything out and replant. What I really need is someone to come and redo my tanks for me. *Good luck on that* Anyone ever take everything out of the tank minus the fish and replant it? How do I begin? Do I take the fish out also? Any information will be helpful for when I tired of looking at them. They are 75 gallons each. They have LOTS of crypts that look like bushes now they are so overgrown. Thank you

It will be best if you take the fish out. If you remove the crypts, moving the extensive root system will most likely result in water so cloudy you won't be able to see in it for a while.
Peruse the web for scapes that resemble the look you want to achieve and do some research to find out how to support that scape (light requirements, ferts, CO2, flow, etc).
There are articles that describe what makes a good scape a good scape. A couple things include lack of symmetry and off center focus.
The lack of symmetry simply means don't place items (plants, hardscape) in even numbered, equally spaced locations. For instance, placing 4 similar plants on each side of the tank (as in mirror images). This looks "planned" and not natural.
Off center focus means placing a key feature, whether it be driftwood, a pile of stones, or a large plant in the exact center of the tank. This forces the eyes to focus on "this side" OR "that side" of the tank. Think of it as watching a tennis match; not very relaxing visually. Placing items off center allows the eyes to take in all or parts of the scape.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here are the pics of my tanks. I just did a major cleaning and water change that is why they are cloudy. I have high iron in my water which causes this. My husband is a water plant operator and he explained to me why this happens. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459127759.763020.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459127779.777113.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459127799.946868.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459127818.407260.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459127847.378112.jpg

I use no co2 and right now no ferts.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom