Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

To catch a loach

I'll be moving stock over to my new tank shortly but one thing that I'm not looking forward to is catching my horse faced loach. The little bugger can wizz through the sand like it's not there. I'll probably have to remove most of the water and remove the sand until I can net the bugger. I can't think of any other way of doing this and I don't think a trap will work does anyone gave any ideas how to make this less stressful for the both of us

Old 01-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Try two nets.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Remove all decor, drain the tank down to about two inches of water, use two nets and use some very colorful language. (not on this site of course)

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That's what it's going to come down to, although I'm going to have to remove a lot of the sand as well before I even see it. Maybe steal a fishing pole and line from a garden gnome ?.

Tags
loach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com