to introduce 4-5 inch kenyi into my new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneball

Aquarium Advice Activist
im fretting it. got those new fish, tank looks nice and everyone gets along, been two weeks, and now im thinking about taking my biggest kenyi out of my old tank he is outgrowing for sure. i would just hate... HATE... for him to get in my new tank and start to kill. what do you guys think the odds of that are? the rest of the fish in there are between 1-2 inches...

spoonman had pretty good luck putting a 4+" red zebra in with his 2" fish... Its hard to really say and id hate to say yes then it get in and kill them all, but i would say as long as you have plenty of hiding spots in there, you shouldnt have a problem. One thing i always do when introducing new fish is change the rockwork around... That way any territories claimed but be done again... good luck though :)

If the other fish are only 1-2 inches, a larger Kenyi will dominate that tank right away. They are very aggressive fish. The best way to introduce an extremely aggressive breed like the Kenyi is to introduce them to a tank full of bigger fish, that way they are not the biggest. I have a feeling if you put a Kenyi that is twice as big as the rest in, it will be the most dominant fish in that tank forever and you may have a lot of trouble adding any new fish later on.

It worked for Spoon because the Red Zebra is not near as aggressive as the Kenyi.

Back
Top Bottom