To Re-seal or not to reseal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jratuszn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm in the process of tearing all of the lava rock out of my 75 so I can move it. The tank was a hand-me-down, and the silicone is beginning to peel on a few corners. There is still a good 1/4" bead on either edge of the corner, but I'm still nervous about it. I am thinking about resealing the whole thing, but I'm worried that anything I do will leave me worse off than I am now. Any advice?

Thanks!-

-J

i used to buy leaking tanks for 50 cent a gallon !! what i would do was use a razor blade and get out the lose silicone try not to get the blade in between the glass at the corners !! wash it real good let dry !! and use ya fingers to apply a good amount over every corner let dry for at the least 24 hours !! fill with fresh water and check for leaks :-_ should be fine

I've read up on it, I'm just afraid it'll be fin during a few hour test, but when I set it up in my new apartment, it'll explode on me.

-J

I just picked up a used 60g replacement tank from a fish store and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be best to reseal it before I fill it up?

I just picked up a used 60g replacement tank from a fish store and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be best to reseal it before I fill it up?

Back
Top Bottom