To Whom It May Concern, LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lone, try putting one of those viewtainers with a powerhead at the bottom and see if they will play in there instead of your filter. I have an awesome ceramic that would work but I have to make another one so that you could have a flow through the piece and the eels could find a slower spot if they want to spawn there or just hide or whatever they are thinking.

img_699761_0_798089615116ea4d208dcbc91d3483de.jpg

I can modify it any way you would want. You could also set up a current through one of those half/broken ornaments that i saw in your tank and they may like that. Put one end in on the bottom for them to hide out of the current run the powerhead through the part that points upward or directed into it.

For that matter, run a current through that huge ship in the tank. They may never come out again! lol.

Pleco said:
Halftime Report

Eels : 3
Wolf: 1

Please stay tuned for the halftime show..

:D

I know, I know, I know, I know!!!!!!!! LOL

Eels: 5
Wolf: 1

LOL

Well, lost another battle, lol. Somehow, they got by the filter floss and are now in the filters again, lol. Boy, when they set their mind to something, they don't give up. I'm going to build a cave they will love I'm sure. It's just finding a place to get the slate that I want. I don't want anything nice and shiny, lol. I want it to look more natural. Been looking into a couple landscaping places to see if I can find anything I (and they) might like.

Well, I'm going to let them have their way, lol. It's funny because they jump from filter to filter until they are in the same filter, lol. Interesting. Then they stay there. I only chase them out when it's feeding time after lights out. I get their food ready, then I chase them out, and feed them. I decided to time them tonight. Guess how long it takes a bunch of tiger barbs, loaches, and 2 fire eels to eat 2 cubes of bloodworms and 1 cube of beef heart? Approx. 2 1/2minutes, lol.

I've been looking at that. Thinking of getting an XP4 for my 75G, then move the XP3 to the 55G. Put the media from the XP3 into the XP4, then the media and pads from the Emperors to the XP3, and then I'd be set. And of course with the XP4, fill the thing up with bio-media. :)

Dude the xP4 is huge for a 75G tank...there is no way even half of the media chambers would ever get used to their full potential growing bacteria.

Unless of course you were housing hundreds of feeder goldfish...lol...

But you see, I'm prepping myself, lol.....

Eventually, I want my 265G. If I get it, it will be the perfect filter for it, along with another XP3. And it will already be cycled and ready to go, lol. Plus, bigger is better, right? LOL

Just blast a strong enough current through the tank, and those roaming eels will be staying under cover. :twisted: That'll teach 'em to stay put :!: If you see them shooting past the glass several times a minute, you may want to decrease the flow a bit... :lol:

i had a 23" bubble bar with a Rena pump that was too powerful for my 40 tall once, all my fish kinda stayed below the mid level... too strong of current :D i took it out, exchanged the pump for a smaller Rena one and put in a 2" ceramic air stone in the corner of the tank. All is happy now.

I am getting a 145G tank in December, i cant wait to see what i put in that :D

-Pleco

Edit: if any wants that Marineland bubble bar pm me :D

Pleco said:
i had a 23" bubble bar with a Rena pump that was too powerful for my 40 tall once, all my fish kinda stayed below the mid level... too strong of current :D i took it out, exchanged the pump for a smaller Rena one and put in a 2" ceramic air stone in the corner of the tank. All is happy now.

I am getting a 145G tank in December, i cant wait to see what i put in that :D

-Pleco

Edit: if any wants that Marineland bubble bar pm me :D

isnt that the one i reccommended that you get when you said you needed a background or something?

hc8719 said:
isnt that the one i reccommended that you get when you said you needed a background or something?

It may have been, but when the pump was too low it barely bubbled and when it looked right it created too strong of a current for every fish except the rainbows which seemed to love the current.

Update:

A few weeks ago I posted about one of my fire eels getting out of the tank and found him dead, all dried up. The 2nd one is still doing very well. In fact, he's over 14 inches, and now cleans up 2 cubes of frozen bloodworms in less than 30 seconds, lol. Will have to get some pics one of these days. He's just too cool. Still lives in the Emperor 400 as well, lol.

As for getting another one, probably not. Not even sure if you can sex them. So I'm not sure if it's male or female.

As for the filter, he comes and goes as he pleases. He can get out just as easily as he gets in. Just slips underneath the biowheel.

Back
Top Bottom