too much bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revenantwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can your aquarium have too much bubbles? My 14g is almost done cycling and i literally covered 3/4 aquarium with bubbles. Is that bad for fish?

what do you mean by 3/4 of the aquarium with bubbles .. are the bubbles just staying under the surface and sticking to everything or do you have a mega bubble wand thats just cranked up?

You want your fish to have somewhere they can swim around without being in a constant stream of bubbles. So long as they can do this, there's no reason why it could be any harm. Are we talking like a 'bubble-curtain', any pictures ?

Bubbles

IMO there are too many bubbles in the tank..... I think that some fish won't like it that way.
Also I noticed that the HOB filter looks to high, I think that this will create an extra current also.

Just my opinion.:D

yea im going to add more water when fish come. So does that mean i can just curl up the bubbles in the back only?

Too much bubbles ! It's busy in there isn't it ?? Also if your heater is half out of water it could crack, so get some more water in soon. I would be looking at stopping the 'big bubbles' source and perhaps making the smaller sources a bit less fierce too. Your fish must think they are living by an underground volcano !!

Great for cycling...fish might not love it though. My fish are much more active when the air stones are turned down low or off.

Back
Top Bottom