Too much for my 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like a nice filter... i dont know much about the jbj, always used fluval... doesnt say how many gpm, but one thing you cant do is over filter a tank... i dont see a need for such a big canister on such a small tank though, jmo

Personally I like Rena XP filters or Eheim classic series. As far as the UV, if you have green water, you are treating the sympton not the problem.

I have tried the blackout, tried more fertz, less fertz... down to 6 hours per day on the light... triend blackouts back to back... no luck... im tired of looking... tried more c02 and it all started because the c02 stopped working... can cant find a happy medium... everyhtng was fine previousy (before c02 messed up) and I want that back... the UV will help.

how many gpm do I need for a 20 gallon? and do you know a place I can get just a UV filter thta I dont need a powerhead or canister filter?

so I am guessing the consensus is not to bother with a canister filter?
a canister is not necessary, especially for a 20g... if youre wanting to spend the money on it, by all means, go for it... i just wouldnt spend the money on a canister for anything less than a 55, but thats just my opinion

the Dilbert cartoon had a phrase for this... "like sandblasting a soup cracker". Overkill. An Aquaclear that costs $30 or so will do just as good a job, I think. Like spoon says, a filter is not the fix for your green water, with or without UV treatment.

Drs Foster Smith would likely have a stand-alone UV fixture, if there is such an animal.

Back
Top Bottom