Too much of a good thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snail87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I would like your input. I recently boght a 3gal tank, and I think I might have over stocked it.... I have four snails, five ghosts shrimp, three black fin tetras, an albino plecostomus, and five small plants. Its been about a month, and they all seem pretty happy and active. I'm moving in two months, so I kinda wait to upgrade the tank, but I don't want to endanger any of them.

I think I missed what the question was. Are you wondering how to transfer them from the old tank to the new one?

For a three gallon yes. Also debending on the type plecos can get to two foot and more.

I know the plecos can get large, but I plan to upgrade to a 55gal tank my mom has sitting in the garage. The plecos is only about 3/4 of an inch big.
Do you think They will make it in the 3gal tank for two months?

Providing you do regular water changes they will survive.

I don't. I think the bio load will make it impossible to cycle which will means constant contact with ammonia and nitrIte.

I agree with cynic. I wouldn't think they will survive unless you do some often water changes and still there it's a risk. You will need to do water changes of 50-70% daily, if not more often. You're also risking to stunt the pleco.
You could temporarily re-home them or just the pleco until you get a bigger tank running.

Last edited:
I'll start testing the water daliy. I'll hit up petco on their dollar per gallon day (30gal?). Thanks for the info guys!

I ended up with a 20gal, but my fish look really happy.

Attachments

• image-2206890823.jpg
    image-2206890823.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom