Too much water movement for dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleykw

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10gallon that is almost through cycling. I'm finally picking up more and more nitrates and less ammonia levels (0.25ppm and below). I'm finally getting excited to add more fish to my tank, and have been really wanting to add a dwarf gourami. Right now I have
2 African dwarf frogs
1 platy
Once my tank is cycled, I plan on adding the dwarf gourami and another platy. I did some research about gouramis and already purchased a floating log and floating plant for him, but then also read about how they prefer water without much movement. Right now I have a small air pump designed for the 10gal size and a small filter that create an ample amount of surface agitation. IMG_1110.jpg
Here is a pic of my current setup. Do you think this would be too much movement for the gourami? Have you ever had any gourami experience? Thanks :)

They are a little feisty. That is probably not too much flow

Thank you! Cycling process is so close to being done, checked again today and nitrates are on the rise again. Looking forward to bringing home a gourami [emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom