Top Dwellers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
Below is a list of my livestock. I'm pretty heavy with bottom and mid dwellers. While I get an occasional peek at a cardinal or a rummy nose, most of what I see other than plants is the belly of an oto.

Any suggestions for peaceful top dwellers other than angels?

I'm gonna second that emotion about the hatchet idea. I think they're great. Another awesome top dweller is the african butterfly fish, but I'm not sure if it will be ok with the other tankmates. It may go after the cardinals? Then again, I kept celebes rainbows in a tank with a butterfly fish and it never bothered them. You said you have cardinals, rummynose and otos. Anything else in the tank?

i also like danios, greedy little buggers. they love the top, though will swim everywhere. hatchets i have heard are dedicated top dwellers and look so cool.

I was going to say something about those hatchet jumps but Stephen beat me to it. THey will flip out of a tiney tiny opening too.
I love the long finnned blue danios. They stay mostlyat the top of my one tank, but go all over in the other (though mostly the top 1/3). The leopards are pretty interesting too.

How about a brig snail. Although they will go all over, they do add a nice splash of color.

Snails I have... Boy do I have snails :)

I'm leaning towards the danios. I like some of the colors I have seen. The hatchets look like they have a big belly lol. I'm a bit sensitive to that look, if you know what I mean :)

I have zebra danios in a 55G tank and the ALL cruise the bottom of the tank. It's heavily planted, and I think they like to weave in and out of the plants.

i second zebra danios got 2 left now(rest jumped out of my tank) very very active little fish, my guppy lives all around mid-top of the tank hardly goes down to bottom. Sailfin mollies are very nice as well, i have a couple(male/female) that stick to mid and top tank usually active and colorful

Picked up 6 zebras today. These guys are wearing me out just watching them. They are the fitness instructors of my tank. All of the tetras seem to follow the zebras around, it makes for a lot of interesting movement in the tank.

On page 1 in my gallery, bottom row, 2nd picture, I have a pic of my African butterfly fish. Check it out. It's not the best photography in the world, but it's the best shot I could get of him.

Back
Top Bottom