Top fin 20 filter help, cartridges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1212chris1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im currently running a 15 gallon tank...

im low on money so i wont be able to get a new filter

i have a top fin 20 HOB filter that came with a carbon insert..

what would be the best cartridge or media to put in thier as the water is very cloudy even though ammonia,nitrite are 0

THANKS!!!

i need a reply soon as im going to my LFS in 1 HR.

What would be the best cartridge and media setup for it?
:invasion::invasion::invasion::invasion::invasion::invasion::invasion:

I believe that Top Fin is the generic store brand at PetSmart, so they should have the media for that filter. Others may not carry it.

James is right about Top Fin filters being branded just for PetSmart. I seem to recall that they were made by Marineland, but I could be wrong. I currently have a Top Fin 30 running on my 29 gallon community tank with a Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel 250. Most of the info I read about the Top Fins is bad. They are not really good filters and I can really see the difference compared to my Marineland 250. In fact, your filter is not actually large enough for your tank. The rule of thumb is that you half the stated capacity of the filter to determine how big of a tank it can actually work on. In your case, your filter is really only suited for a 10 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom