Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Top Fin

Anybody know if Top Fin has a web site? Been trying to do some reserch on their tanks but haven't had any luck finding their we site.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
Top Fin is PetsMart's brand. I don't know if they have a separate site, so try Petsmart.com

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I searched for the longest time once. They don't have a website that I could find or their website was so limited it was worthless. Try Amazon.com and search Top Fin.

theotheragentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

When comparing products in store, TopFin is just a name brand's stuff repackaged... slightly discounted. I wouldn't be suprised if the topfin tanks were made by ... allglass, aquaculture?
Old 02-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hc8719 Send a message via MSN to hc8719
top fin filters are made by tetra, a name brand
Old 02-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostby
When comparing products in store, TopFin is just a name brand's stuff repackaged... slightly discounted. I wouldn't be suprised if the topfin tanks were made by ... allglass, aquaculture?
If Top Fin is the manufacturer of PetSmart's tanks, it's not the same as PetCo. If you look at tanks 30 gallons and up, PetSmart's manufacturer uses a black sealant, which I think is really ugly. PetCo uses a translucent sealant.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
I have had a 55 with the black sealant for almost 10 years, but I never noticed it until I came here and people mentioned it. I don't find it too distracting, obviously.

What are you trying to research? We might be of more help than a non-existent website.

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

TOP FIN brand everything is guaranteed for life at PETsMART.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Back in November I had an issue with a hex. 5 gallon aquarium that I picked up at a yard sale for a dollar, if you go on the Petsmart website it's the aquascene 5 type tank. Well my issue was that I had no light for the top and so I emailed topfin to see if they had any lights to fit on top of my tank and they said that they did not sell extra parts for their tanks and that I would have to go into Petsmart and exchange the tank since it had a lifetime warrantee. Thinking all I'd get would be a new tank, I took it in and told them about needing a light, they took my old 1.00 tank and gave me a brand new setup in the box that sells for around 39.00. Having another identical tank at home that I paid 1.00 at another yard sale I took it to the other petsmart around town and got my second 39.00 setup. So for me it will pay to look around for more small tanks at yard sales this spring and summer, and I am really surprised that Petsmart does stand by their product.

Tags
fin, top fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com