Training Red belly Piranha with other fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishesInTank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, i am ltraining my 10 Red Belly Piranhas since they are still a fry, rn they are still in my 52 gallon tank, they are so aggressive but fine, theg are with: Silver Dollars, Pacu, Honey Gourami, Alligator Gar and crayfishes

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They really won't attack anything unless they are starving or another fish shows a weakness. I used to keep 12 with a Texas cichlid and green terror with no issues. By the way they really aren't all that aggressive, they are actually very timid.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They really won't attack anything unless they are starving or another fish shows a weakness. I used to keep 12 with a Texas cichlid and green terror with no issues. By the way they really aren't all that aggressive, they are actually very timid.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great ^3^, cuz when i saw it on petstore all of them look so dangerous.

Hi, i am ltraining my 10 Red Belly Piranhas since they are still a fry, rn they are still in my 52 gallon tank, they are so aggressive but fine, theg are with: Silver Dollars, Pacu, Honey Gourami, Alligator Gar and crayfishes

Umm....
Silver dollars routinely hit 8 inches
pacu hit over two feet
Alligator gars can reach 9 feet
Piranhas 1 foot.....

What in the world is the plan here? This is the worst stocking of a 50 gallon tank I've ever seen.

Umm....
pacu hit over two feet
Piranhas 1 foot.....

What in the world is the plan here? This is the worst stocking of a 50 gallon tank I've ever seen.

I had to read that a few times to make sure I read this correctly. That tank needs tons of work.

Caleb

I had to read that a few times to make sure I read this correctly. That tank needs tons of work.

Caleb

There is no helping some of this. Alligator gar (if it even truly is) will never find a suitable aquarium, they are featured on river monsters for a reason, they get over 18 inches in the first year if healthy. Pacu are near impossible to properly house as they can get up to 3 foot and up to 40 pounds. I'm not sure about any of this honestly. Nothing but tank busters.

There is no helping some of this. Alligator gar (if it even truly is) will never find a suitable aquarium, they are featured on river monsters for a reason, they get over 18 inches in the first year if healthy. Pacu are near impossible to properly house as they can get up to 3 foot and up to 40 pounds. I'm not sure about any of this honestly. Nothing but tank busters.

Yeah that was my off-key point. Most of this stock would never work unless you are one of those guys on MFK with 10000 gallon tanks.

Caleb

Shall i keep repeating saying that i will get a new tank soon? -sigh-And for alligator its gone idk why.

Umm....
pacu hit over two feet
Piranhas 1 foot.....

~_~ not my fault that my dad bought SO much pacus, alligator die for no reason, most of my pacus are in pond rn, piranha will also be in pond, silver dollar in new tank, OKAY? I have not even received my father's friend tank, so please..

Not to be rude but pls :| this is just to hold them til they are ADULT. I think i shall put on my biography that i will get 265 gallon tank for my SD -_- and ppl stop telling me that Pacu and Alligator Gar is Tank buster, I KNOW THAT. God..

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE]

~_~ not my fault that my dad bought SO much pacus, alligator die for no reason, most of my pacus are in pond rn, piranha will also be in pond, silver dollar in new tank, OKAY? I have not even received my father's friend tank, so please..

I hadn't seen any mention of upgrading tanks, I wasn't jumping on your case, I'm just making sure you know the implications of the fish you have. I don't really care who picked what out, its irresponsible stocking. Alligator gars have no business in the hobby and a quick search would've told you that. Truly same goes for pacu. Its up to you how to sort it out but don't take my criticism so defensively(it wasn't meant offensively), when you post a stocking list like this on a public forum you're going to worry some people. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

I hadn't seen any mention of upgrading tanks, I wasn't jumping on your case, I'm just making sure you know the implications of the fish you have. I don't really care who picked what out, its irresponsible stocking. Alligator gars have no business in the hobby and a quick search would've told you that. Truly same goes for pacu. Its up to you how to sort it out but don't take my criticism so defensively(it wasn't meant offensively), when you post a stocking list like this on a public forum you're going to worry some people. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Im not taking it seriously but im just annoyed when ppl keep telling me that "THIS IS THE WORST 50 GALLON STOCK EVER" but yeah, i already said it in my last topic that i will get new tank, no offense again btw. Dis is just for hilding them when they are small.

Im not taking it seriously but im just annoyed when ppl keep telling me that "THIS IS THE WORST 50 GALLON STOCK EVER" but yeah, i already said it in my last topic that i will get new tank, no offense again btw. Dis is just for hilding them when they are small.

I wasn't aware of your future plans, maybe include a footnote about it in posts on this subject to avoid giving keepers like us heart attacks. If you have a plan to deal with these giants then that is a different situation entirely.

In all honesty it is one of the worst stockings I've ever seen, most of the fish only belong in public aquariums with multiple thousands of gallon tanks. TMRC is absolutely right

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In all honesty it is one of the worst stockings I've ever seen, most of the fish only belong in public aquariums with multiple thousands of gallon tanks. TMRC is absolutely right

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

See the word "pond" here.

i will have big pond in december OK? So i can move pacus and piranhas there. Silver Dollar will be in my new tank, OK?

God.. i shall edit my first post so people stop telling this words ugh..

For the last time! I will HAVE new pond in December and NEW 265 Gallon SOON! My Pacus and Piranha will be in my pond! And Silver Dollar in new tank, ok? My 52 Gallon Tank is just to hold them til they are adult.

Not to be rude but it get in my nerves.

Hi, i am training my 10 Red Belly Piranhas since they are still a fry, rn they are still in my 52 gallon tank, they are so aggressive but fine, they are with: Silver Dollars, Pacu, Honey Gourami, and crayfishes

NOTE (READ SO YOU STOP TELLING ME): PACU AND PIRANHA IN NEW POND LATER AND SILVER DOLLAR ON 265 TANK SOON. STOP ASKING ME. I KNOW PACU ARE TANK BUSTER

There i edit my first post with the quote. Pls stop telling me.

Dang.. finally a tank that was worse stalking than the fish I had, no offense, I had at one point pacu,Oscars, green terrors , needle nose gar and a couple jags in my 60 and that was a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dang.. finally a tank that was worse stalking than the fish I had, no offense, I had at one point pacu,Oscars, green terrors , needle nose gar and a couple jags in my 60 and that was a huge mistake.

This was an interesting read, and I learned something here!!!
Lets not take it so personal, I accept the criticisms because of the experience of learning and doing it right![emoji225] these guys know there stuff.

Good luck.

Pond................................... soon............. mine are still young..... they will be moved....... ok...

Back
Top Bottom