Training Red belly Piranha with other fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we get a picture of the pond? More cause I enjoy fish ponds and never seen one with piranha lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This post actually makes me want to cry. Honestly...

Im really, truly sorry to be that guy, but wow.

Pacu, grow 2 inches a month when young and healthy. Hit a foot and slow down to 1 inch. So about 16-18 inches in a year if fed and housed properly.

In December when you say you will get your pond, those Paci will be about 2 inches long still. They CANNOT grow or be healthy in 25 gallons of water.

Not 50. It isn't full. Filters don't mean jack unless you are doing about 3 water changes a day of around 50%.

Your Gar already died. You say the cause is unknown. I say its because its cramped in a tiny, tiny tank with other monster fish.

You Piranha are the weakest of the lot. You aren't training them, you're torturing them. They are timid, not the violent flesh-ripping machines that Amazonian-themed-Jaws-remakes tell you they are.

Honestly... I really hate being a criticizer, but i cannot get past this.

I really hope your plans come to fruition.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

They really won't attack anything unless they are starving or another fish shows a weakness. I used to keep 12 with a Texas cichlid and green terror with no issues. By the way they really aren't all that aggressive, they are actually very timid.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size tank was this?

Im not experienced with Piranha.

Would you say a 75 would work for like 6 and a male Green Texas/Carpintis...?

Thats mostly a joke. Unless it would work haha.

:)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

This post actually makes me want to cry. Honestly...

Im really, truly sorry to be that guy, but wow.

Pacu, grow 2 inches a month when young and healthy. Hit a foot and slow down to 1 inch. So about 16-18 inches in a year if fed and housed properly.

In December when you say you will get your pond, those Paci will be about 2 inches long still. They CANNOT grow or be healthy in 25 gallons of water.

Not 50. It isn't full. Filters don't mean jack unless you are doing about 3 water changes a day of around 50%.

Your Gar already died. You say the cause is unknown. I say its because its cramped in a tiny, tiny tank with other monster fish.

You Piranha are the weakest of the lot. You aren't training them, you're torturing them. They are timid, not the violent flesh-ripping machines that Amazonian-themed-Jaws-remakes tell you they are.

Honestly... I really hate being a criticizer, but i cannot get past this.

I really hope your plans come to fruition.

Hello,
I understand your criticise but please understand that my my aquarium is being emptied and the stocks are moved to pond. Tank isnt full because water is having a bit trouble. The part when you say "they are timid, ", i already know, by someone, just cant re edit the post in the title. And no, my pacus are already 5 inches right now, not 2 inches. And about the pond in December, what do you mean by 25 Gallon tank when the pond is over 3m? My pacus overgrown too fast so i moved them to my pond infront of my house. Yeah i take your critics, but im sorry, aquarium stocks are not planned by me to buy such MANY Tank Busters, hope you understand, thanks.

Gilbert

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can we get a picture of the pond? More cause I enjoy fish ponds and never seen one with piranha lol.

If i post people will say im a cruel because i put them with Jacob and Kois. Even people dont understand the word "I understand your critics"they will not read what i say and another one begin to criticize me the same thing

I know sir, i have see this information here like 7 times.

Lol this thread is funny. I wont repeat about your stock as i think your tired hahaha

But i will put a question out there...

Is a 50gallon tank still considered a 50gallon tank if its only half full???

Sorry couldnt resist!!! Lol

Hope it all works out OP ??

Lol I have been so shocked when reading this as well.

I feel kinda bad for this guy because it seems like he wants the best for the fish in a way but he's just really inexperienced.

I wish the best for you and the fish you're keeping.

We.really don't know the deal here though. Are these fish that were caught locally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I have been so shocked when reading this as well.

I feel kinda bad for this guy because it seems like he wants the best for the fish in a way but he's just really inexperienced.

I wish the best for you and the fish you're keeping.

i already kept my pacus like 3 months ago and now they are moves to my frontpond of my house with the piranhas, pls know that my 52 gallon tanks was emptied and the stock was moved to the pond. -sigh-

pls know that my 52 gallon tanks was emptied and the stock was moved to the pond. -sigh-

Now that the 52 is empty it would be the perfect time to consider properly stocking the tank with fish you can enjoy in the tank for a longer time???

I hope your fish do well in the pond.

Now that the 52 is empty it would be the perfect time to consider properly stocking the tank with fish you can enjoy in the tank for a longer time???

I hope your fish do well in the pond.

Yep, i wanna go to fish shop later

And yea my fish are alright in the pond, they move around together.

Here's a word of advice, when you go to the fish store, look at the fish and if you see a fish you want to put in the 55 just take out your phone, look up the name of it and just read all you can about it. That will help from something like this happening again. And if you have any questions on which fish are compatible together, feel free to ask, that's what we are here for.

Sent via echolocation

Here's a word of advice, when you go to the fish store, look at the fish and if you see a fish you want to put in the 55 just take out your phone, look up the name of it and just read all you can about it. That will help from something like this happening again. And if you have any questions on which fish are compatible together, feel free to ask, that's what we are here for.

Sent via echolocation

Thx!

Note: that my tank isnt rectangular but large cubic.

Sent via echolocation

^GREAT ADVICE^

I am interested in what you fish shop stocks??
I wonder if you have fish we do not?
Or even what is most popular in Indonesia?

Hello,
I understand your criticise but please understand that my my aquarium is being emptied and the stocks are moved to pond. Tank isnt full because water is having a bit trouble. The part when you say "they are timid, ", i already know, by someone, just cant re edit the post in the title. And no, my pacus are already 5 inches right now, not 2 inches. And about the pond in December, what do you mean by 25 Gallon tank when the pond is over 3m? My pacus overgrown too fast so i moved them to my pond infront of my house. Yeah i take your critics, but im sorry, aquarium stocks are not planned by me to buy such MANY Tank Busters, hope you understand, thanks.

Gilbert

Ok, i believe you. You want to take care of them i guess.

Keep on tryin'!

^GREAT ADVICE^

I am interested in what you fish shop stocks??
I wonder if you have fish we do not?
Or even what is most popular in Indonesia?

If you wonder what the fishes is, some of them are imported from other countries, like Albino Piranhas Blue Spotted Stingray which cost RP 2 Million ($200) there are more actaully, i dont know but when im in Saltwater Petstore, i saw Clownfish with Cichlid?? Even seahorse with freshwater fishes! Fish store in Indonesia have many Arowana, they sell Giant Alligator Gar, Black Knife Fish, Brown Electric Eel, Monster catfish, Lungfish, Scampi prawn, and more?

Back
Top Bottom