Transporting Tank (Need quick answer please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfairy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I'm about to go get my new 55 gallon tank. What is the best way to keep it from getting broken on the ride home? We will be putting it in the back of my husband's truck so I don't know if we should wrap it in blankets or something to keep it from moving or getting cracked. We are leaving in like 30 minutes so I need some really quick suggestions. Thanks.[/code]

Tie it down with cotton or polyester rope to avoid scratches on the glass or use blankets and towels to cover it before tieing it down. Be sure it can't slide too much but don't over tighten it either. Its not hard, you should be fine.

The most important thing is to DRIVE CAREFULLY. Dont' stop or start too quickly, don't tailgate since they might, and take turns easily. Wit a couple of blankets, you'll be fine. And congrats on the new tank.

Whoops, see I'm about 2 hours late. :) Hope it went well.

Even more important, watch those big bumps. Trucks like to move a lot over those things. Hit one hard enough and that tank will slam into the truck bed.

Thanks for the replies. We covered it in a couple thick blankets and made it home fine. Looks to be in good condition with a few mineral deposits but that's expected. It'll look great once I get it cleaned up. By the way, does anyone have any tips on how to do that?

Back
Top Bottom