Trap door snail hasn't moved in 3 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I recently bought a trap door snail and 2 peacock gudgeons from my lfs and ive been quaranting them for 4 days now. The fish seem fine but the first day that I put my snail in he didnt seem very active and found one of the pbc pipes I have in there and just stayed there he hasnt moved from that spot in 3 days and ive been checking to see if there were any signs of movment like and over turned shell or something but nothing he has stayed like that for 3 days. Im not sure if its just the trap door snail thing or if something is wrong.

I also forgot to add that I have been adding micro lift Artemis and herbtana into the qt tank and it dosent say anything about not using it with inverts so Im not sure if that may be the problem

Update my snail is still alive becuase i flipped it and I caught it on video of it flipping itself over. Now the question is whether or not its normal for the snail or not

It's definitely not happy. It should be cruising looking for food. It has to be something in the water it's avoiding.

It's probably your stuffs you out into it I know I have a few snails that don't like them at all so I always have the fish separate when I do anything like that far away from the snails

It's probably your stuffs you out into it I know I have a few snails that don't like them at all so I always have the fish separate when I do anything like that far away from the snails
So should I stop using the ML/A and ML/H in the qt tank? Its my 8th day of dosing and the fish are doing great but the snail is the only one that dosent look happy

Update* he is out of quarantine and i moved him into the main tank and ths day after he is moving like a normal snail so i guess he just didnt like the medicine thank you guys for all your help

Back
Top Bottom