Traveling with a Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I leave Friday to drive home for the holidays and it just dawned on me that I have to bring my betta with me, and I don't have the container I used last time (the little one he came in...it cracked).

Any suggestions on how to transport him? I'll be gone a month, or else I'd just leave him with a feeder. I'm splitting up a 1000 mile drive into 3 days and have another tank at home I can put him in while I'm there. Last time I just put him in the container I got him in and wedged it between the front seats while I was driving and brought him inside with me when I stopped. Brought a bottle of water with me and did at least one water change along the way, and he seemed no worse for wear. Any easy suggestions?

how about something like this you can place it in a small cooler to keep a steady temp
using a couple of heat packs/hand warmers
674339A.jpg

how about something like this you can place it in a small cooler to keep a steady temp
using a couple of heat packs/hand warmers
674339A.jpg
+1 ^^^ one of those cheap little "betta tanks" at any fish selling store, has ventilation and semi sturdy, I'd get that, pack him in a small cooler which would keep light out which can reduce stress, and do some water changes on the drive

That's basically what he'll be in when I'm home. I have a large-ish one that i bought last time I was home and had to bring him. He's a little guy, supposedly a baby when I bought him back in the spring. Still decidedly smaller than most of what you see. He's not in a huge tank here tbh. Only 2 gallons...had intentions of getting a larger tank but living on student loans hasn't left room in the budget to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom