Treating for ich - Bloodworm and Brine shrimp still okay to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HollieDahhrlinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
I'm treating my fish for (ich, ick, whitespot) w.e you want to call it.
I am starting to and brine shrimp, each once a week.
I also feed them regular fish flakes twice a day, morning and evening.
When you add the cube to the water to defrost before adding slowly to the tank,
Do they brine shrimp or bloodworm come back to life? Or are they dead completely?

Should i stop this routine?
Is it still okay to feed them brine shrimp and bloodworm whilst
they are being treated??

HollieDahhrlinn x

You will need to watch them carefully while feeding. When treating for ick you may find that the fish don't want to feed much so just make sure to adjust the amount so that there are no left overs. :)

Good luck. :)

It is ok to feed them if they show interest. Every fish is different. As mentioned make sure not to overfeed, if food gets left on the bottom of the tank, vaccum it up as soon as possible.

Since the cubes have too much brine for my fish, I drop the cube in a kitten feeder, suck up some aquarium water, let it melt, run the feeder under hot water to warm the brine up, (don't want my fish getting brain freeze lol), that way I can "dose" the proper amount of brine for the tank but squirting it in, MUCH less waste to clean up in the tank. I throw the leftover brine in the kitten feeder away. I also do the same thing with the frozen bloodworms.
Also, once they are frozen, they are dead.

Back
Top Bottom