Treating your tank with meds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HausMaus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm still new to tropical tanks and biological filters.
It took me a frustrating month (and steep learning curve) to cycle my tank. Now I have the balance right and my biologicals are doing their job.

But I have had some fungal/non-beneficial bacterial issues with my fish and possible parasites.

What and how do you all treat your fish without killing off the beneficial bacteria?? I loathe to put any meds into my main tank for fear of destroying them, but then I risk not treating the fish properly, or eliminating any baddies that are lurking in my main tank.

I do have a small hospital tank (3Lt) that I treat the fish in (in small numbers), but that means my main tank may still be harbouring any further unwanted organisms.

I'm still new to tropical tanks and biological filters.
It took me a frustrating month (and steep learning curve) to cycle my tank. Now I have the balance right and my biologicals are doing their job.

But I have had some fungal/non-beneficial bacterial issues with my fish and possible parasites.

What and how do you all treat your fish without killing off the beneficial bacteria?? I loathe to put any meds into my main tank for fear of destroying them, but then I risk not treating the fish properly, or eliminating any baddies that are lurking in my main tank.

I do have a small hospital tank (3Lt) that I treat the fish in (in small numbers), but that means my main tank may still be harbouring any further unwanted organisms.

I already threated QT tank for fungus and lacerations with API Melafix and API Pimafix, it worked great and I didn't noticed about any ammonia spike.

Make sure you dissolve a bit the product with water before you put it in the tank, and don't pour on the fish (or they'll die). Also, read and follow instructions for correct dosage.
Cheap product and works well ;)

Back
Top Bottom