Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Treats for fantails

I've been reading up on some things I could feed my fantails, and found that they like to nibble on plants. I've noticed one of them picking at one of the plants in the tank, but sadly, they are all plastic. Was wondering, if I blanched a piece of lettuce or cabbage and stuck it down in there, would it be okay/give the fish a treat/ not damage the tank? I did feed them a couple peas earlier and they loved it. Just looking for any and all treats I can give them, what works and what doesn't. Sorry for such a long post! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 04-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Goldfish eat pretty much anything. I give them peas, shrimps, blood worms just so they don't always eat the same thing.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yeah. Well, I'm just wondering if I can put like a leaf of Lettuce in there for them to nibble on throughout the day. We will be going home on leave from the military for 2 weeks. So I'm going to have a neighbor come feed them. I don't want them to have just flakes tho. So if they can have lettuce or cabbage, I'll blanch a few leaves and put one in before we leave and let the neighbor know where they are so that they will have some more. They will already be getting peas once or twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh.. It shouldn't be an issue for them to have just flakes for 2 weeks. I'm not sure how well they munch on lettuce and garbage though.

Tags
eat, fantail, tail, treats

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com