tree roots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to have one of those and IME the paint fades over time and they end up looking pretty fake. I think the large ornament in the second link is the same one I had, and if it is then watch out! My ornament was hollow and I had a few fish actually go inside, and maybe a couple die in there too (it was back when I was a total NOOB). Those ornaments are pretty expensive, why not just grab a nice piece of real driftwood from your LFS, or order one online, for roughly the same cost?

I was looking at these online too, and ended up with real driftwood. Much happier with my choice.
Good luck

I actually have one of the grey ones and a piece of real ("African") driftwood in my tank (had the grey one from when I started out). I would definitely go with real wood. You may have to deal with tannins making the water brown or yellow for a couple months, but after that goes away you can't compare the two. I tried scrubbing the algae off the grey root thing and the paint started coming right off.

Also, I prefer to buy the wood in person so I can pick the piece I feel will look good or at least fit in my tank.

http://www.azgardens.com/Driftwood.php

I've heard good things about this site, but don't have any personal experience with them. I'm sure there are tons of other sites that sell it, as well as eBay. I have driftwood in 5 of my tanks, and I was able to find all of it at my LFS.

Back
Top Bottom