Tree stump idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a couple of huge stumps in my tanks while they're not planted stumps are not hard to find if you look around, one is 47" and one is 60".

http://cdn.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109656&d=1343617071
http://cdn.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109659&d=1343617071

Those are indeed nice. The colouring in them is gorgeous. Out of curiosity, What are the elephant ear looking plants (on the left side) of the last pic?

Those are indeed nice. The colouring in them is gorgeous. Out of curiosity, What are the elephant ear looking plants (on the left side) of the last pic?

I have no clue. Wonder what they are. I don't think I have ever seen them before.

I've got a couple of huge stumps in my tanks while they're not planted stumps are not hard to find if you look around, one is 47" and one is 60".

http://cdn.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109656&d=1343617071
http://cdn.aquariumadvice.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109659&d=1343617071

Dang! Those are gorgeous. And fairly large considering I'm putting this in a 29 gallon! Where did you get these?? Unfortunately I did not have much luck on the driftwood today! But I will keep looking, and keep you guys updated. But seriously those stumps are amazing. I'm jealous as possible right meow.

Dang! Those are gorgeous. And fairly large considering I'm putting this in a 29 gallon! Where did you get these?? Unfortunately I did not have much luck on the driftwood today! But I will keep looking, and keep you guys updated. But seriously those stumps are amazing. I'm jealous as possible right meow.

Lol. Imagine of u put one of those in a 29 gal...... Half of one would be sticking out! Lol. Finding good driftwood pieces requires patience. If u really r looking for driftwood ( not stumps ) pieces, look at the place near where a stream/small river bends as that is the place where most driftwood gets stuck.

My cichlids don't tolerate live plants , theses are just silk ones from Amazon.

Those are both manzanita which doesn't grow in Chicago so I ordered all my wood from here. He will fit and even age a new peace to fit your dimensions, but like most things in this hobby the big boys are $200 or more shipped. But he has loads of smaller stumps which are less expensive that fit most tanks, give him a look or even better call him.

Manzanita Burlworks - Aquarium Wood

Last edited:

Those are both manzanita which doesn't grow in Chicago so I ordered all my wood from here. He will fit and even age a new peace to fit your dimensions, but like most things in this hobby the big boys are $200 or more shipped. But he has loads of smaller stumps to fit most tanks, give him a look or even better call him.

Man you make me regret buying that artificial one! Well I'll see how it looks! And if I don't like it I'm gonna hit this guy up. It should come in tomorrow or Friday according to the shipping.

Ahh this is awesome. Thanks a lot btw!!

google spiderwood aquarium and see some awesome pieces, one our lfs recently started carrying it and I really wanted one or two he had but my fish money was headed in other directions!!!!

This might seem odd but maybe you can go to the place in your community where they take old branches and trees and limbs so they can be chipped up, and used to make mulch and find something someone pulled out?

This tank has three pieces. The one in the center was a "found" piece.

60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

After hiking next to the river on two different days, I had ended up with nothing but some interesting twig type branch pieces. On the opposite side of the river someone had dumped their yard waste trash on the side of the road, and it happened to be this really awesome gnarled root stump sticking out of some clippings and dirt and leaves!!! LOL:lol: I found mine at the river but not from the river.

This time of year there are lots of dead young trees from winter kill/newly planted from shopping centers /yards. Keep your eyes peeled!

Those are both manzanita which doesn't grow in Chicago so I ordered all my wood from here. He will fit and even age a new peace to fit your dimensions, but like most things in this hobby the big boys are $200 or more shipped. But he has loads of smaller stumps which are less expensive that fit most tanks, give him a look or even better call him.

Oh. They are silk. Lol. I have heard about the manzanita wood. What is different about it from other types? Do you have to soak it before putting it in?

Alright guys! My stump came in! It's pretty cool, it looks pretty real! And I am very content with it. I see what you guys are saying about imitation wood n such! But I think it's pretty good, and later on I'll upgrade to that crazy awesome driftwood stump maker guy if I desire. But here's a couple of quick pics I took!

Attachments

• image-1750274667.jpg
    image-1750274667.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2483312556.jpg
    image-2483312556.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 72
Alright guys! My stump came in! It's pretty cool, it looks pretty real! And I am very content with it. I see what you guys are saying about imitation wood n such! But I think it's pretty good, and later on I'll upgrade to that crazy awesome driftwood stump maker guy if I desire. But here's a couple of quick pics I took!

Wow. It actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. Nice fake piece I gotta admit.

Back
Top Bottom