Tricky stocking for 90gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

123spree

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I recently upgraded to a 90 gallon and completed it's cycle. Over the last few days I have continued daily water testing and slowly transferred everything from my original 29 gallon, and am ready to add new life to the tank. So far, the 90 houses:

3 x java moss balls
A fair amount of anacharis bunches
10ish x assassin snails
2 x feeder guppies (survivors/cyclers)
2 x German blue rams (mated pair)
1 x blue crawfish (female)
1 x white crawfish (male)
Roughly 30 ghost shrimp (feeders/ cyclers)

Aside from the mass of ghost shrimp (which also survived cycling along with the guppies), this was an established community (about a year), and I have never had any problems with aggression; however I do understand that there is a certain amount of risk adding new fish into the tank because of the craws. I am planning to keep the original tank heavily planted to supply more anacharis, as well as continue to act as a breeder tank for the snails (and soon ghosties), which keep the craws well fed and docile. Obviously I also want to plant this new tank more heavily as I go as well.

All that being said, I would really like to try and add new fish. I have been looking at killifish, but am hesitant because I have never had them before. As I said, I know there will always be SOME risk because of the craws, but I certainly don't want to absolutely doom anyone either! Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated! Thanks guys!

As long as the killifish are healthy and you introduce them properly your tank should be fine, by the way I would get rid of the feeder fish.

Back
Top Bottom