Tropical fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the fish, some will not get on with others but will get on with groups of there own kind. And some will get on with others fine but not with there own kind. But am sure if ya let us know what fish ya thinking of getting then we can help ya out better

leggey said:
Depends on the fish, some will not get on with others but will get on with groups of there own kind. And some will get on with others fine but not with there own kind. But am sure if ya let us know what fish ya thinking of getting then we can help ya out better

Well i really like angel fish but at the moment i have 2 tiger algea eaters

Angelfish are only aggressive when they need to be, the Tiger Barbs are excessive nippers and will constantly nip the angelfish's tail until the fish eventually gets a disease which is usually fatal

ive never heard of tiger algae eaters. do you mean clown/candycane plecos? pics would help

just decide which fish group you want. community, semi aggressive , chiclid, goldfish etc. just stock from the same group and you should be fine. your petshop can help you with this.

terryeckel said:
just decide which fish group you want. community, semi aggressive , chiclid, goldfish etc. just stock from the same group and you should be fine. your petshop can help you with this.

Ok thank u so much fish keepers who have helped me.
Take care
Fishboy77


That compatability chart looks off to me on my iPod...
Fancies can't live with cories
Danios definitely cant live with most new world cichlids

Your going to need a big tank and good filtration for a start, Clown Catfish get really big 10-12 inch's, so already you've got a big bioload coming and a tank size of around 60 gallons or 200 litres is recommended. Please don't tell me there in your 35 litre.

Attachments

• image-3362591395.jpg
    image-3362591395.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Borderlesscott said:
Your going to need a big tank and good filtration for a start, Clown Catfish get really big 10-12 inch's, so already you've got a big bioload coming and a tank size of around 60 gallons or 200 litres is recommended. Please don't tell me there in your 35 litre.

Not there in a 70l is that bad

Sorry, but IMO you would need to move him to a way bigger tank or rehome them at some point, they grow far to big for a 70 litre - you will end up stunting the fish. Look at the picture I posted, it's probably close to the length of a 70 litre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom