trouble finding fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yao

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been reading about 55 gallon tanks/stands/kits that are at walmart, I also found an article about the 55 gallon kit at petsmart. http://www.petfish.net/reviews/55g.htm
I visited a walmart today and have also been trying to look at the stores webpages on line to see if they list prices. The largest tank they had was a 29 gallon kit at the walmart i went to today. Also the petsmart and petco websites don't have a 55 gallon. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where can I find these tanks?

Those store are not going to sell 55 gallon tanks through the web. Shipping is impossible. You will have to go to the stores and look. Do you have another walmart near you?

The Wal-Mart you visited may not have the 55 gallon kit in stock but another store might or the one you visited may be willing to order it for you. My first tank was a 29 gallon kit from Wal-Mart (received as a Christmas present). I still use it although I have since replaced the heater and upgraded the filter by adding a BIO-Wheel. I initially got the iron stand but later went with the wood stand. I think the wood stand looks better and it hides my equipment and supplies behind doors.

Petsmart isn't in my city but I've seen 55s, even 70/75s at Petco. The Wal-Marts I've been to have had 55 gal kits, too. I don't know if it makes a difference, but they were "super" Wal-Marts. You may have to widen your search radius, maybe try a nearby city if you can? Of course call before you go! I just wish I had enough funds to even think about shopping for a 75 gallon....Good luck

Back
Top Bottom