Trouble with my fluval C3 HOB Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstuder33

Aquarium Advice Regular
So when I fist got the filter that part that "shoots" the water over the biomedia basket/mesh screen used to have substantial flow. It's been about 8 months since I bought it and I regularly clean it and it's barely a trickle that comes out over the media basket. I just did a very in depth cleaning again and am having the same problem. I took everything apart and remover all gunk, ect.

On the good side I still test 0 ammonia.

Wondering if anyone else has the same problem and what else to try to fix.
Thanks in advance ?

Try playing the flow rate. All the way to the left should be the most flow from that bypass that trickles over the biopad into the media basket. All the way to the right is hardly any flow through that part at all.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I've tried playing with the flow rate and everything else I can think of. I might just end up getting a new filter. On the plus side ammonia isn't building up I guess. Thanks for the reply

The impeller is most likely going bad.. I will never buy fluvals... they all have impellers that go bad after like 6 months.. I have read countless people having flow problems after 6-10 months.. New impeller and the flow went back to normal.. I would buy a new impeller on amazon

Mine did the same thing I took the whole thing apart and cleaned the impeller now it works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The impeller is most likely going bad.. I will never buy fluvals... they all have impellers that go bad after like 6 months.. I have read countless people having flow problems after 6-10 months.. New impeller and the flow went back to normal.. I would buy a new impeller on amazon

Stop it.. are you even familiar with the filter in question or just talking to make noise??
I cut a small piece if that screen put towards the end to get water into the biomedia chamber. Impellar is fine..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom