TRUE Siamese algae eater???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do you think?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396491580.131927.jpg

This is what I'm going by, supposedly true Siamese on top, false in the middle, and flying fox on bottom.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396491731.923437.jpg
I'm seeing the jagged top side of the black line, and it goes all the way to the fork in his tail so I'm hoping he's the real thing!

Well the first 3 days he just hid under my driftwood. I'm out of state at college and got him over my spring break, but according to my parents he is now "picking at" the wood. He seems to have a strange discoloration on his head though which I'm a bit worried about.

I agree looks like the real thing and depending on his size you should also see a black ventral (anal) blotch.

Attachments

• Crossocheilus Langei 2.jpg
    Crossocheilus Langei 2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 113
Wow that is so interesting! What is it? Algae in their stomach?

Wow that is so interesting! What is it? Algae in their stomach?

Sorry for the long response time I was on the road most of day driving back home. To be honest I have no idea but all the information I found stated that the true BBA eating SAE would have this marking.

Have either of you noticed behavior change with different temperatures or oxygen saturation?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396734856.547079.jpg

Mine always sits on his fins, he'll be I top of plants and I even have these plants that swing in the flow of the power head and he'll sit on those and those go every which way, it's really cool.

Back
Top Bottom