trusting your reading...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I keep doing tons of water change cos my test on nitrate was the purple of the purple...( nutrafin test nitrate) Assumed it was over stocked issue a bit of everything spoke to my lfs and he said its the tap water and may need to add nitrate treatment to reduce it i picked up a new master test (maidenhead own brand) but it not api thou and and did a base reading from tap and it around 10mg and same goes for my tank they both have the same reading and in the safe water premeter... Am confuse so two different company and two completely different reading... Which one should i trust as dont want to put nitrate stuff in if it not needed....i will do the other reading tonight to find what the other reading are... Either way i never done a proper test reading ive always did a water change weekly since i started and im just amazed that i havent had any major fish loss or deases in my tank.. Im just counting my lucky stars.... Cos by what ive read i shouldnt be this lucky.....

Wow u are lucky, well personally i like API just because ive allways used it and i live in Australia so maidenhead is hard to obtain but to be honest, i have no fricken idea sorry, good luck though!! Tay :)

The one your getting high readings on, are you fallowing the directions and does it have a expiration date?

Wow u are lucky, well personally i like API just because ive allways used it and i live in Australia so maidenhead is hard to obtain but to be honest, i have no fricken idea sorry, good luck though!! Tay :)

Was looking for Api cos heard brilliant reviews for it but it not stocked in my local lfs i thought i would get the same reading as i did for the first lot but didnt and it completely threw me :-\

The one your getting high readings on, are you fallowing the directions and does it have a expiration date?

Defo following instruction, i followed it to the t, but didnt think about the date but 12 old surely wouldnt be out of date? :-\ will check that out....

Back
Top Bottom