Trying to plan a new setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello!

So I currently have a 110g and 40g planted tank which are fully stocked and been running for about 2 years. Recently though my wife and I have been wanting to remodel the basement where these are at and I want to use this opportunity to try something different. I want to completely take those two tanks down and put them in storage. In the future we have plans to have an expansion which I'll have a mancave/fish room in and they will be brought back to life then.

I plan on bringing in my old 40g long and making it into a brackish tank since I have always wanted a GSP, would that be enough for a GSP, or should I consider keeping the 110 out?

Also, I currently have both planted tanks using Fluval substrate, can I keep all that good BB and slowly acclimate it to salt, or should I really use sand for the puffer?

My master plan is to hard scape with mostly wood and maybe a little stone, use the Fluval if I can then add as many Scuds and pond snails I can buy, I would let the tank cycle like this for about a month or more to let the snail and scud population kick in (I know they will destroy the plants, I can live with that) then add the GSP.

I have skimmed the internet for tips and knowledge but I always end up coming back here for final advice since i love this communtiy! Thank you for any ideas and I look forward to the project.

P.S. This is a couple months out so I'll be back and forth on this post to edit and change ideas as they come up

I haven't really seen or done much with brackish - the search function should find old threads is all I can think of.

Hi Cohen

40 gallons should be fine for a single green spotted puffer IMO but it will need something to stimulate it as they are very curios and active fish. Not sure about the substrate

Hi Cohen

40 gallons should be fine for a single green spotted puffer IMO but it will need something to stimulate it as they are very curios and active fish. Not sure about the substrate
I plan on filling it up with hard scape and smaller minnows that they can munch on and try to be sneaky predators. what else would they need?

Back
Top Bottom