two 10gal tank -How to stock them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HitTheRoadJack

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am interested in these fish.

Zebra Danios,
Blue Gouramis,
Tiger Barbs,

(I'm more interested in the above)

& Female Bettas

Possible Scenarios/?

I don't really know spot-on if these fish would be a community together.
Does anyone possibly know how I could stock these fish in which of the two tanks?.

I'm new to this.
Thanks to anyone in advance :]

Attachments

• img_0163_107.jpg
    img_0163_107.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 23
If it were my tank, I'd keep a school of zebra danios (out of that list) and that would be it. Blue gouramis can get quite large (unless of course, you went with a dwarf neon gourami), and tiger barbs IMHO really need something larger than 10 gallons. Then you could look maybe into some panda, albino, or peppered cories to round out the bottom of the tank.

Welcome to AA, btw. :)

Devilishturtles said:
If it were my tank, I'd keep a school of zebra danios (out of that list) and that would be it. Blue gouramis can get quite large (unless of course, you went with a dwarf neon gourami), and tiger barbs IMHO really need something larger than 10 gallons. Then you could look maybe into some panda, albino, or peppered cories to round out the bottom of the tank.

Welcome to AA, btw. :)

Yeah, i was leaning toward the danios too. I know, I just recently found all that out, and I'm so dissapointed. Maybe later I'll get a bigger tank, and be able to handle the ones I want. I was also told that a school of tetras would be a good choice for my other 10 gal tank. Is that true? If so how many fish make a school? Should I research their school number preference?

Sorry I came back with so many questions to your one answer.
Thanks so much. :]

I have a school of neon tetras in my 10 gallon, 7 of them. They seem to have plenty of space and they are really cool fish. Generally, as "school" is around 5 or more. You could look into maybe some neons, glolights, lemon tetras or things like that.

HTH

Devilishturtles said:
I have a school of neon tetras in my 10 gallon, 7 of them. They seem to have plenty of space and they are really cool fish. Generally, as "school" is around 5 or more. You could look into maybe some neons, glolights, lemon tetras or things like that.

HTH

Thanks that helps a lot. I was also looking at some True Rummynose tetras they have some magnificent colors on them.

Indeed, rummynoses are sweet. I've only kept a few tetras but by far rasboras are my top choice. Have you looked into those?

When I first started out, choosing what fish to stock was the most fun part of it all besides of course finally getting them home. Sorry to but in on your tank stocking :lol: I just can remember wishing I had gone with some dwarf puffers or a few other fish tgat I hadn't heard of. I then learned my fish were incompatible with the new ones I wanted to add. It's good your doing all your research and planning out.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask all the questions you have on here.

Big Ben said:
Indeed, rummynoses are sweet. I've only kept a few tetras but by far rasboras are my top choice. Have you looked into those?

When I first started out, choosing what fish to stock was the most fun part of it all besides of course finally getting them home. Sorry to but in on your tank stocking :lol: I just can remember wishing I had gone with some dwarf puffers or a few other fish tgat I hadn't heard of. I then learned my fish were incompatible with the new ones I wanted to add. It's good your doing all your research and planning out.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask all the questions you have on here.

I know :] I've looked into rasboras. And based on my gallon size, I can choose from Harlequin Rasbora, Golden Harlequin Rasbora, and Black Harlequin Rasbora. I think the black ones are gorgeous in color, and they seem like interesting fish. No you're fine feel free. :] I know, I'm just so excited. Thank you, I really am trying to make a good decision.

Thanks so much, don't worry I have a feeling that I will be doing just that :]

I have a few harlequin rasboras in my 55 gallon, very colorful and active fish. If you go with them you won't be dissapointed. They do get sorta larger, so I would not get as much of them if it were me. Maybe around 4 or 5.

Devilishturtles said:
I have a few harlequin rasboras in my 55 gallon, very colorful and active fish. If you go with them you won't be dissapointed. They do get sorta larger, so I would not get as much of them if it were me. Maybe around 4 or 5.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind, would it be wise to just get a pair or maybe three, so they might be able to reproduce and still have room? or should I just go with 4? I'd rather have one less fish and more room than one more fish and less room.

Back
Top Bottom