Two Chinese Algae Eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnLGG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm finally going to be able to set up my 34 gallon long tank! Right now in my 10 gallon tank I have a Chinese Algae Eater, a Betta, and a few minnows. I'm fully aware of how aggressive the Chinese Algae Eater could end up being.
So I was wondering, could I have two Chinese Algae Eaters in the 34 gallon tank?
The betta is going to be separated from the Chinese Algae Eater I have now when he gets bigger, and I'm probably not going to get anymore fish, so there are no worries of the fish attacking anything.
I just think it would be a little more interesting with two of the fish, there are lots of hiding spaces, the Chinese Algae Eater I have now has claimed the log in the 10 gallon tank, but I'm putting in a lot more rocks in the bigger tank.
Thanks in advance!

i had 2 CAE in a 120 they never went after other fish but they would attack each other non stop. personally i wouldnt do it because of this but its hard to tell if this is the norm or not.

Information is often mixed about the Chinese Algae Eaters, it's best to find out from people who own them, and I saw somewhere that they could be aggressive to each other, and you've proved that, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom