Two comets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Y two new comets stay side by side and like to hide under filter?
Any advice?

Well how big is the tank and how long ago where they introduced.

What size tank & what your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? How did you acclimate them? Some more info will help us to help you better! :)

One on Tuesday and the other yesterday

Put the bag in water for 20min and added cup of tank water and left for 5 min. About a 35l tank

Well you need to rehome them or get at least 30-40 gallon tank in the next week as comets have a huge bioload and need at least 55 gallons for both of them to live as adults.

35l is only @9gal. As suggested, you will need to either upgrade their tank or rehome them to a pond. Do you have a test kit to monitor your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? As your tank is probably not cycled yet, water changes are going to be vital to keep your fish healthy in the meantime until you can address your stocking situation. You have various stocking options for this size tank, but unfortunately, comets are not one of them. Please read the link below & ask any questions you may have.

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

Just a random question but what store let you buy goldfish for a nine gallon

Unsurprisingly, most places are in it for the money not for the welfare of their fish. I would guess any major petstore and even most LFS's would sell it to you. Often as well, most don't even ask you the size of your tank.

All of mine do ask and sometimes you even have to argue since most of the time there are kids who are working To get my hamster I had to fill In a form and sign a form saying I would do this and spend at least three hours of every day with him. Sadly they still always have specials buy a Betta bowl kit and get a free Betta. Even though they don't have warranty for there bettas that are kept in bowls. they still keep there's in bowls

I'm told fish like to stay near the filter in a high ammonia/nitrite tank because the water coming out of it is fresher. It makes sense to me, so yeah, check your parameters.

Back
Top Bottom