two firsts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
After an extensive search around the local pet stores, I've discovered they are all devoid of german blue rams. I've been wanting some of these fish for years, so I decided to face my fear of online fish shopping and ordered some from aquabid. I'm getting 6 long-finned german blue rams for $40 shipped. That's more than I wanted, but the pet store was going to charge me $15 each to special order them. Anyway, I'm making this thread to share my experiences with purchasing fish online, and german blue rams. Hopefully everything goes ok. hah

If six is to many ill pay for 3 of them... :-D. I too cannot find them anywhere at my LFS on of the storess had 2 of them. But the owner told me he didnt trust them, and sure enough a couple days later they died on him. If they seem like good stock when you get them I would love to take a couple of em!

Last edited:
That's a possibility. I'm going to wait till they adjust and pair off. If possible I'd want to keep 2 pairs. Would you be interested in the remaining two? or whatever's left over after the pairing. It'll probably be a while either way, especially with winter rolling in

quite interested actually, I dont mind waiting. if anything at all this hobby has taught me patience is the key.

Keep me posted

good luck. i know how it feels to have to buy a bunch of fish to get something you want. just be glad it not the extremes i am having to go though.

I believe it was Acer...or something like that. He had 90/91 positive reviews, the one was a neutral, and it still said he was good. Almost all of the reviews were glowing

edit: it was actually Aero. I work in a computer store so I hear the word Acer all the time

small fish like...

Rasbora brigittae
MICRORASBORA ERYTHROMICRON
Boraras maculatus
[FONT=&quot]Pseudomugil signifer [/FONT]
maybe threadfin bows
the others i havent figured out yet.... prob some kind of small tertas or something.

small fish like...

Rasbora brigittae
MICRORASBORA ERYTHROMICRON
Boraras maculatus
[FONT=&quot]Pseudomugil signifer [/FONT]
maybe threadfin bows
the others i havent figured out yet.... prob some kind of small tertas or something.

One of my LFS's stock threadfin 'bows. Unfortunately she's asking 15 dollars a piece, and they honestly never look very healthy. I think it'd be cool to breed threadfins, but celebes are also very pretty IMO.

wow, I really love the Pseudomugil signife, really neat fin. The threadfin bows are really neat too. I've never heard of/seen any of those. good luck. lol

lol thats my problem too..... you had to buy 6 to find what you were looking for i been buying 100-150 at a time. glad i know lots of people who are into the same kind of fish as i am. good luck with your fish too will look for updates.

100?! :shock: Jeez. How much does 100 uncommon fish cost? Do I even want to know? lol. And yeah, I'll keep you guys posted. The whole point of this thread is to catalog an experience with online fish shopping so maybe people won't be scared like I was to try it....or on the other hand, it could serve to warn them away with a terrible horror story! we shall see

100?! :shock: Jeez. How much does 100 uncommon fish cost? Do I even want to know? lol. And yeah, I'll keep you guys posted. The whole point of this thread is to catalog an experience with online fish shopping so maybe people won't be scared like I was to try it....or on the other hand, it could serve to warn them away with a terrible horror story! we shall see

I haven't had any horrible stories...yet :S

well I finally received some communication from him 4 days after the auction ended. A little annoying, but apparantly he's been at a conference, so whatever. Payment is sent, so hopefully he'll ship tomorrow

Well hope it goes well.

I have had no issues so far with aquabid. I do like to ask questions 1st before ordering and the answers I get/time to get answers/ect.. determine if I will follow through. 1 thing I was interested in, I asked some questions and got a response but did not answer my questions and seemed like english was not the 1st language or just lack of care, anyway I did not bid on that.

yeah, I talked to him briefly before bidding. HAd to get a shipping quote, and asked a couple questions while I was doing it. He never mentioned going to a convention, but then I didn't tell him I was going to buy them that day. hah

Well he printed the shipping label, so it looks like I'll be receiving something...be it live fish, dead fish, an old shoe, or a box of rusty tetanus inducing nails, something is coming to my door

Back
Top Bottom