Two gourami deaths.. Something to be worried about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man thats alot of fish, and im sure you know that. how big are your clown loaches? my 3 cut my pwc form once a month to every 2 weeks, they make that much crap,lol you got make sure you have plenty of room for you gourami to swim up, down,left right, front and back. same with the loaches they need alot of subsraight to investigate.

how often do you replace the ammona media in your filter?

The clowns are about 2-2.5inches and ive got about 2 inchs of aquarium sand substrate, lots of little hiding places aswell.
The gourami seems to enjoy swimming across the front of the tank doesnt seem to venture any further back. Tank dimensions are 120,55,45cm (W,H,D) i think the filter adds about an extra 10l to the total volume.
We change half the filter media every month, so 2 ammonia bags and 1 activated carbon bag every month, we also wash the ammonia bags,carbon bags and the filter sponges in a bucket of aquarium water every week during the water changes. Is this a bad idea?

Back
Top Bottom