Two Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Normally I would post two threads but I thought I would save paper today.

1. Why does my tank smell after PWC / Small Gravel Vaccuming

2. I have 2 Clown Loaches that spend most of their time chasing each other back and forth across the back of the tank. I know they are crazy critters but its what they do 90% of the time (when im home and turn the light on). The only water issue i have is the pH levels are high. Both regular and High Range. If the issue is pH and my tap water is high in pH should i use pH lower.

Thanks everyone.

1. probably your dechlorinator if you have prime that definently smells also ammonia smells.
2.nooooooooooooooo stable ph is much better

allaboutfish said:
1. probably your dechlorinator if you have prime that definently smells also ammonia smells.
2.nooooooooooooooo stable ph is much better

Stable pH is a brand name im assuming?

no i mean stable ph as in the ph in your tap. if you try to change th ph it will kill your fish. the only reall way to lower your ph is by adding peat and it changes your water color yellow, so just stick with your ph.

allaboutfish said:
no i mean stable ph as in the ph in your tap. if you try to change th ph it will kill your fish. the only reall way to lower your ph is by adding peat and it changes your water color yellow, so just stick with your ph.

Thats what i thought. So even if the clowns dont like it they will get used to it?

allaboutfish said:
yea and everyone will tell you this none of us recommend changing the ph.

Cool thanks. I will leave it where it is.

+1 Maintaining a stable pH is really the issue .. which means staying with your tap water .. your fish should easily adapt to your tap's pH ... even if it is a bit higher or lower than what is recommended for your fish.

jcolon said:
+1 Maintaining a stable pH is really the issue .. which means staying with your tap water .. your fish should easily adapt to your tap's pH ... even if it is a bit higher or lower than what is recommended for your fish.

Are clown loaches just this crazy? Saw some today at the lfs and they were just chillin out at the bottom. Maybe the lfs water wasnt good.haha

theyre probably playing i have an algae eater and corys that chase eachother around and follor eachother around

Alexa1s0nfire said:
What size tank do you have the loaches in?

20 they are tiny right now only about an inch. I know they will outgrow this tank eventually.

Back
Top Bottom