Two questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
First I need advice on a name for this irian red rainbow, I was thinking sonny or something to do with the sun as he is bright orange absolutely beautiful, the second is I don't know if my ornate tetra is pregnant or sick, the stomach is darker than any of my other ones, she eats great, swims great and is a bit territorial.
9100660e1566f3f6ac3e482e7f4101e6.jpg
a81708a02a0e9ff6a1be8c41048695fc.jpg

Name: how about a sunny place as a name?
Flo, for Florida
Cali - California
Or a town name, if you know any.
Largo - Key Largo, sounds more manly if you'd prefer that.

Solis is the Latin word for Sun, or Soleil in French.

Saffron is a very "Orange" word.

I think if the fish is not showing any signs of sickness, just keep an eye and see what happens. It may pass, it may be pregnancy...
I don't think there's anything in the photo or description that screams "sick fish".

Awesome advices on names, the ornate seems fine I was just worried about the dark spot on the side And she is full, probably pregnant she's either pregnant or fat lol

Just amazed as how bright he is, much brighter in person as compared to the phone

Tetras don't get pregnant, they lay eggs, could be that she's producing them.
How many Red Rainbowfish do you have?
I know they are egg layers, I just wasn't sure if eggs would cause the abdomen to fill out and make it darker

Maybe you could name it Flo Rida? XD Or Summer? As far as your pregnant fish goes, if that is what it is, congrats!! You should probably get a breeding tank/one of those plastic things you put in your tank for the fry, otherwise they may eat the fry. Good luck!!

Need a whole different tank as it takes 2 a male and female, need a cycled spawning tank, and honestly I can't put anymore fish in my tank, I'm not trying to breed them, I'm already 95% stocked.

It's 5 but yeah I have 7 and they dont have to be the same species either, you can mix them they just don't school as tightly but they do school together, example you don't have to have 5 Turquoise, 5 Bosemans, 5 irian reds, 5 emeralds etc etc you can have a couple of each to make a school of 5+

Well it's your tank, but they need to be in a bigger group.
7 is fine you're incorrect, or the 35 fish stores all over united states are, also i don't think Tom Bailey is incorrectly as well, all fish are extremely happy ty for your concern

You'll see a big difference in their behaviour if you're got more than the bare minimum. But hey, you can ignore my advice, but my 20 golden pencilfish would tell you the same if they could speak.

You'll see a big difference in their behaviour if you're got more than the bare minimum. But hey, you can ignore my advice, but my 20 golden pencilfish would tell you the same if they could speak.
They require 5 not 6, I have 7, 35 places told me that they can be inter mixed to create a school of 5+ and they will school together which they do, they don't have to be the same species if that was the case people would need 250 gallon tanks to keep multiple species as they get pretty big, the max for my tank (55 gallon) is maybe 8 but that's pushing it, if you want to further your research feel free to look up the top rated aquariums in the united states and give them a call I already have here's a video of then schooling and just being happy beautiful fish, make sure you fudge tge video quality to the highest, ty again but my fish are extremely happy with their mates take care. https://youtu.be/yAsNMPd1jH0

Back
Top Bottom