two questions. RAMS and Inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgr7781

Aquarium Advice Activist
Gbr x 2 or Bolivian ram x 2?

I would love a Crayfish. i was looking at Marble crays at my Lfs.... any advise?

that would be fine but i would go with the mexican orange dwarf crayfish or maybe some amano shrimp

GBRs look better IMO but usually have many more health issues than Bolivians. Bolivians can also look very nice and they are super hardy. Marbled crayfish are good, also CPO dwarf orange crayfish would work if you want to do them instead.

but it also depends how big is your tank??? if your talking about the marbled self cloning crayfish they will have a batch of eggs every once in awhile and get around 6 inches

GBR's are prettier, but Bolivians are a lot hardier.

I would personally go with Bolivians since my GBR males always seem to die on me (though the females are always in perfect health)

If you do go with GBR's go with a known American breeder rather than a pet store variety, they tend to have stronger fish.

Alright. I've liked the gbr but since there hard to take care off and tend to be less healthy. Ill try my luck on aquabids when I get the tank going... Ill add the rams last to unsure they don't get agg

sounds like a well laid plan! I bought my girls from Joegargas on there, they have been the healthiest I've gotten, but unless you bid on a "breeding pair" auction he can't guarantee sex, and also takes about 10 days after payment to ship so he can condition them

Back
Top Bottom