types of catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I saw some eclipse catfish ...and I thought they looked amazing. But sadly I can't get any bc I have a 30 gal. What are some cool catfish I can have in my 30 gal besides corys? I already plan on getting some of those

Hara jardoni comes to mind. Honeycomb aka driftwood aka oil cats would also work. :)

Hmm I don't know..I think they get to about 8" and should be in atleast a 55.

Spotteds only get around 6-7" depending on environment and care I have 2( just got another 1 and my origional is full grown @ 6" in a 55g

It also depends on what else ur gonna put in with it because it hides and does nothing while the light is on but is very active wen it's off

I'll have to agree to disagree with you here because a 29 gallon tank doesn't have the length for a 6" fish to be very active at any point. I think it would be a sad sight.

If u don't wanna do a spotted raphael then there's always the dwarf oto or bumble bee

Larger catfish, for the most part, will eat whatever they can fit in their mouths.

Back
Top Bottom