UGH! Getting ready for Vacation and now this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Getting everything ready for vacation and I looked in on my sons tank... His pot belly molly has white spots.. I swear it doesn't look like ich, but there have been a few more show up over night.. They are round white spots, but not really small and raised like I'm used to seeing for ich... He's the only one afffected right now. Any ideas what else it may be? A picture is not really possible.. Tried already.. :)

The last time I had something like this, it was on another pot belly molly.. It just doesn't look like the ich I'm used to.. The white spots are bigger...

Thanks!

It might be fungus if it looks a little fuzzy. Try a little aquarium salt (1tsp per gallon). I've had luck with getting rid of fungus on rainbows that way.

My biggest concern is changing things in the tank and stressing out the other fish and they then become week..

Other tank buddies are platy's, molly's, tetras, and ghost shrimp.. No concerns there??

Almost forgot.. I have MTS for a cleanup crew as well..

MTS are fine with the salt.

platies,mollies,tetras will be fine with the salt, I think the skrimps will too.

what temp is the tank?

Back
Top Bottom