Ugh i am so mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
MY LFS said that they ordered my otos but they never got them. WHATEVER. I have been waiting for TWO WEEKS for these guys and now they are saying all they can do is get them next time around. -__- Well technically I have been waiting for two months, but I ordered them two weeks ago.

EDIT: Looks like I am rescuing some otos from petsmart. Good thing I have the QT ready to go. Now I just have to figure out what to do heater wise. Should my puffer be ok if I take the heater out of his tank? It usually stays 78 in there ... but that could be because of the heater lol. My 30 has stayed 78 w/o a heater...

Well I have a heater on my 30 gal but I think that would be too much for a 5 gal tank, or even a 10. I also have a heater on my 10 but I don't want my puffer to get cold. I will be getting another heater when I can afford it... **** MTS and being broke. lol

what are the wattages (not a word, but you know what i mean :D) of your heaters? maybe you could temporarily put the one in the 30 on the 10, and the one in the 10 into the QT.

IDK what the wattages are. The one on the 10 is from Walmart and it keeps the temp at 78*. Bought it with the kit so I didn't know what to get. Then the one on the 30 came with the tank and everything. I think it is 100 watts but IDK for sure.

the one that came with the 10 is most likely 50 watts. i think you should be fine to put the 50w one in your QT and the 100 watt one in the 10. especially since it's temporary. then when they are done QTing you can switch everything back

I have a 100 watt heater in a 10g tank. It keeps the temp steady around 78 degrees. I will mention that I have it set at the lowest setting (71 degrees) to keep the temp at 78.

I still think you would only NEED the heater if you find the fish have ich and you need to treat the tank by using high temps.

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, but I can tell you that sometimes it legitimately isn't the LFS's fault. I worked at a friend's shop for a couple of years and for a while I was in charge of ordering everything for the FW section. Sometimes the employee places the order, and the wholesaler runs out before the order comes in, or they just screw up and forget. If it continues to happen, of course that's not cool, but try to cut 'em a little slack! LOL :)

*soapbox warning*
Be wary of "rescuing" fish from chain stores. Often, you'll get stressed and/or inferior specimens. More importantly, your purchase constitutes approval of chain stores' typical practices of keeping fish in crappy conditions, as far as corporate HQ is concerned.

*soapbox warning*
Be wary of "rescuing" fish from chain stores. Often, you'll get stressed and/or inferior specimens. More importantly, your purchase constitutes approval of chain stores' typical practices of keeping fish in crappy conditions, as far as corporate HQ is concerned.
preach it sister! 100% agree :)

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, but I can tell you that sometimes it legitimately isn't the LFS's fault. I worked at a friend's shop for a couple of years and for a while I was in charge of ordering everything for the FW section. Sometimes the employee places the order, and the wholesaler runs out before the order comes in, or they just screw up and forget. If it continues to happen, of course that's not cool, but try to cut 'em a little slack! LOL :)

Yes he said that he ordered them but they never got them. I was a little surprised because I really like that LFS and it is my choice store to go. It is hard though because I am not patient and I have been waiting patiently for these fish since I got my tank... but I won't hold it against them :) They are too hot for that lol

P.S. I like to hear different opinions, I am always open to learning new things. It is the people that act all ignorant about it that bother me... :) Preach away lol

And let it be known that is NOT the main reason why I go there, they do talk fish with me and they know what they are talking about. Hot guys is just a bonus for me lol
*soapbox warning*

I didn't even think of that... I was thinking hey I will save some poor fish from going through **** again.... :( Poor little guys. And yes they otos I got were extremely finicky. They tripped out through acclimation and I had to make it very dark for them to calm down. They still start freaking out when I come up to the tank. They seem to be doing OK though.

Back
Top Bottom