Ugly angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Don't get me wrong...I love this guy. I've had him since he was the size of a nickel, but I have to admit he's not the best looking fish lol. Does that weird looking hump on his head mean he's a male? Just curious. And yes, that is a hole in his fin. Thankfully he survived a strange sort of parasite. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437345492.823768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think he is awesome looking! Looks like the king of the tank.
Most likely male but I don't think the hump is 100% positive male. Andy would know better.

Looks like he'll head butt you right in the throat if you mess with his frozen bloodworms! Mee likey tooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha yeah, when the light hits him right those stripes are really dark and he is much better looking.

Looks like he'll head butt you right in the throat if you mess with his frozen bloodworms! Mee likey tooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol he is a bit bossy.

How old is he? I'm just curious.
And i think he is pretty cool def the boss if the tank. Does he have a name? Lol

I've had him for about a year and a half. I bought him at Petsmart with another that looked just like him, but the twin didn't make it.
Nah, I haven't named him, but I'm up for suggestions :)
This is his tank mate. They were fighting quite bit at dinner time, but they've chilled out lately. I've seen them lock lips and chase each other, but no real injuries. Oddly enough, they hang out for the most part. Wonder if the koi is a girl? Wouldn't they have spawned by now? She's older than him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437352513.528506.jpg

They both look male to me, but due to mass breeding looking at the forehead can be inaccurate as females can have the same attributes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

They both look male to me, but due to mass breeding looking at the forehead can be inaccurate as females can have the same attributes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Interesting.

Thanks for the responses. Now I feel really mean for calling him ugly.

So where's Andy?

Back
Top Bottom