Uh-oh...did I do bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonchild85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay. The lfs had a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Had to stop in, of course. They had a tank of 'honey and blueberry gouramis"...about an inch long, very active, and beautiful colors. They are an amber color with a navy blue patch beween the back and tail fins, blending into the sides of the fish. I got home, and looked them up online, and half the sources I'm finding say this fish is painted, others are saying no, they are a natural coloration. How do I tell? They don't look painted, and this store has never carried painted fish (they feel it is animal cruelty), so I'm not sure. Any one out there know for sure?

I mean, I'm not taking them back, but I would still like to know, ya know?

They list the fish "HoneyBlueberry Gourami" as a painted....is this what fish I got? My digital camera is down otherwise I would post a pic. I fed them brine shrimp today, and they ate quite a bit, and are seemingly healthy, they are swimming and exploring, so I'm hoping they are okay.

Has anyone else seen or heard of these fish?

New: Found 1 image on the web:

honey_blueberry_gourami.jpg

everything i've ever seen that had "blueberry" or anything"berry" in the name, was a dyed fish.

honey gouramis are too cute to want to colour them though! i love honeys so much, i think i would be terribly upset if i ever saw one that was dyed.

I also haven't come across anything described as "fruity" that was not dyed except the lemon tetra. I'm sure there are other exceptions, but I can always tell a dyed/painted/injected fish when I see it. They just don't look natural. Colors seem dull even if it is a bright color.

YuccaPatrol said:
I also haven't come across anything described as "fruity" that was not dyed except the lemon tetra. I'm sure there are other exceptions, but I can always tell a dyed/painted/injected fish when I see it. They just don't look natural. Colors seem dull even if it is a bright color.

I thought there was another that was a fruity name and not dyed...but I can't remember the name. Anyway, I messed up the image above, so here is a link...can you tell me if this fish is painted?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/strataangel85/detail?.dir=/d244&.dnm=1d3dre2.jpg&.src=ph

I have looked closely at the fish, but the blending of blue into amber is so smooth, I'm having a hard time believing it is painted. Either way though. If they are painted, I'll be happy with three. If they are not, I may pick up more.

Back
Top Bottom