Uh oh powers out. :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should be okay for a couple hours but do you have a battery powered areator? If not use a cup and scoop water out and pour it in like a waterfall to help oxygenate the tank. You can also do small WC's to help.

Rivercats said:
They should be okay for a couple hours but do you have a battery powered areator? If not use a cup and scoop water out and pour it in like a waterfall to help oxygenate the tank. You can also do small WC's to help.

Thanks for the advice I will use it in the future, but the blackout just ended!

Glad it wasn't long! The worst we had here was 8 days and thank goodness we have a generator because at the time we had two large reef tanks. I

Rivercats said:
Glad it wasn't long! The worst we had here was 8 days and thank goodness we have a generator because at the time we had two large reef tanks. I

Dude that's scary. Would've been a total bummer if your stock didn't make it.

It was a bummer period and I would have cried had we lost both tanks of corals and fish.

Yup, I was out for 3 days due to Sandy. Water got down to 60 degrees.....thought the fish were goners. Not only did they all make it, but one of my endlers had like 4 babies! Got tons of advise from here......search those threads.

Still out of power today from hurricane sandy. 8 days no power, it's crazy. Good thing we have a generator. It's on for 8 hours then we shut it off for and hour and turn it back on again so the temperature doesn't drop. So far they survived the hurricane thinks to the generator

Wow I'm glad to hear that you guys are ok! You're blessed and fortunate that everything is still intact. I hope it doesn't get too cold for you guys :/

Back
Top Bottom