Underwater waterfall !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"A tube and airstone blows bubbles up through a space behind the wall, and as a result, pulls water and tiny grains of sand from a sloped reservoir (sloped so that gravity pulls the sand down and into the bubble stream) up the narrow space. Once the grains reach a second opening, they forced out the second opening with the water current and fall back down the front of the wall back into the reservoir."
This is how out it's explained on Aquatic-Eden

butterfly_koi said:
"A tube and airstone blows bubbles up through a space behind the wall, and as a result, pulls water and tiny grains of sand from a sloped reservoir (sloped so that gravity pulls the sand down and into the bubble stream) up the narrow space. Once the grains reach a second opening, they forced out the second opening with the water current and fall back down the front of the wall back into the reservoir."
This is how out it's explained on Aquatic-Eden

What happens when the sand runs out? Is it re circulated some how?

Annakhil said:
If I could do this I would, following to see how it turns out, what kind of sand do you use?

Pool filter sand am told but I will have to have a play to see if it works as I know play sand will just cloud the water

this gives me ideas of what to do with my unused 5g, it would make a neat decoration for the office. a sandfall, rocks and plastic plants=no upkeep for when I am not at work or on vacation.

Sorry about the late update :( bad news it was a massive failure :( pipe to big concrete not thick enough but will try again after my wife has the baby as am too busy at the moment

Back
Top Bottom