Unfortunate Incident. :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
real zebras are really expensive but a good investment IMO, especially if you plan to breed them, they are becoming more and more rare because of development in the region they are found in.
Yeah right..I dream of such things..but then I'd have to buy 2. Yikes! :blink:

Lol, thanks guys. :) Honestly, to be fair, he just doesn't know how. I have explained it to him, so hopefully he can do it now. But, I should get the tanks out pretty soon (this weekend), so that will be good. He felt bad when I cried about the fish, so he offered to buy me new ones. And he agreed to be more careful about the fish care until I get the tanks back. So, hopefully that works out until I get my babies back. :)
@siva, I got my last keyhole from severum mama, so if mine doesn't pull through, I can probably wait until they get more. Good to know about the apisto. My current healthy ram is pretty chill. He doesn't care about the corys or keyhole, or even the other male ram. So, I am hoping they can all pull through, and if not, I will decide between another keyhole or an apisto.
I have had a hard time finding much decent info on farowella. Do you think one could work in my 40, or is it too big? I agree about the zebra pleco. I am going to start looking around for one to see what ind of prices I can find.
I do. Though they get longer than a dwarf pleco would, they are so thin that their body mass is still smaller. And they are similar in activity level to most plecos I've kept. Very chill and mostly just lays around. One funny thing about them is it's easier to transfer them by hand than with a net.

I do. Though they get longer than a dwarf pleco would, they are so thin that their body mass is still smaller. And they are similar in activity level to most plecos I've kept. Very chill and mostly just lays around. One funny thing about them is it's easier to transfer them by hand than with a net.
My banjo cats are like that too. They are pretty lazy during the day, so its easier for me to just pick them up and avoid snagging fins in my nets.

So, I am definitely in love in L46 (zebra) and L270 and L134. I like the starlight too, and the farlowella. I will see what I have available near me and online. Ah, I wish these guys were cheaper!

If you do decide to go the breeding route, have a look at Aquabid, snookn21 always has tons of different imported plecos and usually in big enough groups to grow out/breed.
THanks. I will have to scope that out so I can get something once I get my tank back. :)

The keyhole is still holding on. His fins are a little clamped, but he is at least active. I think I will have to euthanise one of my Bolivians though. He doesn't want to get up off the gravel. :( I am still cheering for my keyhole though. His name is Squirt. I think he may be a little constipated, so I am going to separate him and give him a pea.

jetajockey said:
I've tossed around the idea a few times but the thought of a tank crash would literally have me going ballistic.

I think it would be cool if a tank had an emergency exit for fish. Lol
there could be a computer that constantly tests the water, and if parameters get too out of hand it opens a connection to another tank and somehow coaxes the fish to a qt tank or something... it would need to be a large qt tank though.

maxwellag said:
I think it would be cool if a tank had an emergency exit for fish. Lol
there could be a computer that constantly tests the water, and if parameters get too out of hand it opens a connection to another tank and somehow coaxes the fish to a qt tank or something... it would need to be a large qt tank though.

Awesomeness! You much creat this!

Back
Top Bottom