Unidentified Eggs in substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rinoman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new to the forums and I'm looking for advice or knowledge about some eggs that I have only noticed just now.

I do have a mystery snail and I recognize where and how those eggs look like. They are in fact all over my driftwood, however, these little eggs are much smaller and are an inch or two below the substrate and cannot be accessed by any fish or snail.

I am not sure what they are and I am a little concerned about what they possibly could be. Whatever they are, could/would they be harmful to the fish in this tank?

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180813_104216.jpg
    20180813_104216.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180813_104649_001.jpg
    20180813_104649_001.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 84
Those aren’t eggs... they are seed shrimp... google it... they tend to come in on plants and stuff and then multiply like crazy when you feed too much.

Thanks for the heads up. I never saw them moving, so I thought that they were just eggs that had hatched. After seeing this, I looked them up and you are absolutely correct. Caught sight of a live seed shrimp moving light Flash back into the substrate. Those are definitely shells of the deceased.

Thanks again!

No problem, they aren’t bad or anything, they help clean up leftover food and they make great snacks for the fish! [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom