unidentified snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
can anyone help identify this baby snail please, I want to know what it is before putting it back into my tank. I have a tiger nerite and a zebra nerite snail but can never find the zebra in the tank

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 84
and I just found out not even 2 mins ago from my mom I have another invading snail that is so tiny it can't stick to the glass some were in my tank.

remy the cook said:
and I just found out not even 2 mins ago from my mom I have another invading snail that is so tiny it can't stick to the glass some were in my tank.

Take it out and get rid of it! If not you'll end up with hundreds.

i'm doing a good cleaning tomorrow sencse i have some dead plants need a wc scrubb and everything. I only want the 2 nerite snails I have atm untill i buy more that is, thank you for your help :)

I have a hundred at any given time in my filter on my 55.When I do water changes I push a bunch of them into my tank,great treat for my clown loaches.They love them lol.

jlk said:
It looks like a typical pond snail.

I agree....it's a Pond snail....I found 2-3 of them In my tank about 2 months ago.....I stalked my tank to rid them.....thank goodness....got all that hitched hiked on a plant. I haven't bought plants from that store again

I have some of these guys that hitchhiked on plants too I absolutely love them I go out of my way to not harm them or any of my hitchhiking ramshorns either.

In my 150gal I've got pond snails that hitch hiked in on plants. I pull them out as soon as I see them, but after 6 months I'm still pulling out 5-10 every single day. Sometimes many more. In my opinion, I would not put that thing back in your tank unless you want hundreds.

I have only a couple pond snails left due to three very adapt Yo-yo loaches who consider pond snails the best treat food around. Yet they leave my nerites and MTS's alone. One thing people forget is if you have a canister filter they are very good at getting in them and laying eggs which continues the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom