UNIQUARIUM OR NOT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just wondering your guys thoughts about the pros and cons of uniquariums vs. regular tanks. I am consitering one. Thanks.

When you say built in do you mean its like behind it in its own compartment?

The only tanks that I have seen like this are usually custom built jobs and are smaller in size.

Usually cost alot also.

are u talkin like something that petshops have where multiple tanks are connected to one similar filtration area?

Ya but whats the price tag on those vs a standard tank? I saw no prices on that site and it looks like they only sell to wholesellers.

I think they are no better or no worse than other tanks. The concept is not new, DutchAquariums has been doing this for a while. The problem I have is where to add other equipment you might find necessary later. It's easy to do it with a sump, if it's for FW apps and you were going to have HOB filters or cannisters etc...I think it is a viable (possibly better) (certainly more expensive) alternative.

So your suggesting its normally better to start with a normal tank and have your own tank with custom (filters you decide to add on to it) stuff rather than built in.

Seems I have a uniquarium and I didn't even know it :)

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/uk/index.html

I've got the Rekord 96 shown on this site. I bought it with a cabinet for about £150. The filter tower is in the right hand corner. It contains five filters, which I change on a rotational basis, plus the pump and heater. Really easy to use.

well id probably go for a uniquarium if i can afford it, they look easy, esspecially if i go for saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom