Update! Fish Stocking/ Quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkim1994

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all!

So Many of you have been so helpful on here so I figured I would give an update!

I attached some up to date pics of my tank! I added new plants and have 6 Harlequin Rasbora Juveniles... Though they have grown a lot in the three days Ive had them! And with the bloodworms coloured up quite a bit^^

My 20 Gallon Tank finished cycling last week after 13 days....

Rn my water Parameters are at 0ppm Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 10ppm nitrate pH7.2~7.4 Kind of bounces...

I have purigen in my tank rn So I think it keeps the nitrats low but i dose with flourish for my plants^^

So Glad my worry of a mini cycle when Adding my fish didnt happen^^

So My future plan right now is

6x Panda cories
6x neons or silvertips cant decide...
1 Male DG

I already have the harlequins^^

Any idea on order of addition? I know the DG is supposed to go last but what about neons and pandas?

My LFS got in a shipment of neons and Pandas today so I might go thursday to see what made it...

Also, Ive been debating a QT... I keep trying to find other ways but... My mind wont rest...

If I do get the pandas should I quarantine them? How necessary is it? Ive read up on them so many times...

If I do QT, should I find a medicine that kinda well rounded kills the bad things? or not medicate unless needed?

If so any recommendations on what medicine to buy? one that is okay for sensative pandas too...

I know I definitely will need to quarantine the GD I read so much on them... do the neons need it too?

Would you say 3 months is minimum QT time? and Can I just add the extra biobag in my filter to the QT. I have and aquaclear so would that jump cycle it?

Also, Ill be buying Juveniles of everything, so by the time I get them in the tank unless I dont QT them they will be bigger... Can I just put a whole school in at once?

Also how quickly between adding fish do I have to wait to add more?

Thanks^^

Sorry for all the questions... Theres so much info and to ask... its overwhelming...

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 10571464_757709324275844_1522523946_o (1).jpg
    10571464_757709324275844_1522523946_o (1).jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 41
I would always QT your fish before adding to a tank, I think the medicine your searching for is called tetracycline but I'm not sure your tank looks great! you can get away with 4 weeks QT three months is a long time

I meant 3 weeks lol but I heard longer if u get a GD.

But I know for pandas they are sensative but I'll look up what you mentioned

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom