update of how far i got my fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomlintm

Aquarium Advice Activist
my tank looks so crystal clear my corys and placo are lively i cant wait to start adding the new man fish to the tank

ammonia .25
nitrite 0.0
nitrates 40

still working on it so i slowed down to doing 1water change every 3 weeks or less depends on hpw fast the water evaperates to the green area on my thermestate that hangs from the top

my tank looks so crystal clear my corys and placo are lively i cant wait to start adding the new man fish to the tank

ammonia .25
nitrite 0.0
nitrates 40

still working on it so i slowed down to doing 1water change every 3 weeks or less depends on hpw fast the water evaperates to the green area on my thermestate that hangs from the top
Your tank is cycled and you have fish in there now, right. Why are you only doing water changes every 3wks???

not really every 3 weeks just when my water gets to low which takes 1 to 2 weeks why when should i do water changes

Water changes should be done weekly, typically around 40%-50%.

not really every 3 weeks just when my water gets to low which takes 1 to 2 weeks why when should i do water changes
Ideally you should change at least 30% every week. Probably the most common change would be 50%. Remember, water changes are to keep your water as pristine as possible therefore keeping fish happy and healthy. You could keep a large bottle of dechlorinated water on hand for top-ups during the week if needed.....

oh ok cool i will do 50% so i can vaccum the gravel when i do i also hope doing 50 % water changes will help with the brown algea ake diatoms to go away

Back
Top Bottom